Feedback on this post is welcomed on Discuss!
We are pleased to announce the minor release of opam 2.0.9.
This new version contains some back-ported fixes.
- Back-ported ability to load upgraded roots read-only; allows applications compiled with opam-state 2.0.9 to load a root which has been upgraded to opam 2.1 [#4636]
- macOS sandbox now supports
OPAM_USER_PATH_ROfor adding a custom read-only directory to the sandbox [#4589, #4609]
OPAMSWITCHnow reflect the
--switchparameters in the package build [#4668]
- When built with opam-file-format 2.1.3+, opam-format 2.0.x displays better errors for newer opam files [#4394]
- Linux sandbox now mounts host
$TMPDIRread-only, then sets the sandbox
$TMPDIRto a new separate tmpfs. Hardcoded
/tmpaccess no longer works if
TMPDIRpoints to another directory [#4589]
- Stop clobbering
DUNE_CACHEin the sandbox script [#4535, fixing ocaml/dune#4166]
- Ctrl-C now correctly terminates builds with bubblewrap; sandbox now requires bubblewrap 0.1.8 or later [#4400]
- Linux sandbox script no longer makes
PWDread-write on remove actions [#4589]
- Lint W59 and E60 no longer trigger for packages flagged
- Reduce the length of temporary file names for pin caching to ease pressure on Windows [#4590]
- Security: correct quoting of arguments when removing switches [#4707]
- Stop advertising the removed option
--compilerwhen creating local switches [#4718]
- Pinning no longer fails if the archive’s opam file is malformed [#4580]
- Fish: stop using deprecated
^syntax to fix support for Fish 3.3.0+ [#4736]
Installation instructions (unchanged):
- From binaries: run
bash -c "sh <(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh) --version 2.0.9"
or download manually from the Github "Releases" page to your PATH. In this case, don't forget to run
opam init --reinit -ni to enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script.
2. From source, using opam:
opam update; opam install opam-devel
(then copy the opam binary to your PATH as explained, and don't forget to run
opam init --reinit -ni to enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update your sandbox script)
From source, manually: see the instructions in the README.
OCamlPro is a R&D lab founded in 2011, with the mission to help industrial users benefit from state-of-the art programming languages like OCaml and Rust. We design, create and implement custom ad-hoc software for our clients. We also have a long experience in developing and maintaining open-source tooling for OCaml, such as Opam, TryOCaml, ocp-indent, ocp-index and ocp-browser, and we contribute to the core-development of OCaml, notably with our work on the Flambda optimizer branch. Another area of expertise is that of Formal Methods, with tools such as our SMT Solver Alt-Ergo (check our Alt-Ergo Users' Club). We also provide vocational trainings in OCaml and Rust, and we can build courses on formal methods on-demand. Do not hesitate to reach out by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.