We are pleased to announce the minor release of opam 2.0.6.
This new version contains some small backported fixes and build update:
- Don’t remove git cache objects that may be used [#3831 @AltGr]
- Don’t include .gitattributes in index.tar.gz [#3873 @dra27]
- Update FAQ uri [#3941 @dra27]
- Lock: add warning in case of missing locked file [#3939 @rjbou]
- Directory tracking: fix cached entries retrieving with precise tracking [#4038 @hannesm]
- opam-devel file: avoid copying extraneous files in opam-devel example [#3999 @maroneze]
As sandbox scripts have been updated, don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -ni to update yours.
Note: To homogenise macOS name on system detection, we decided to keep
macos, and convert
macosin opam. For the moment, to not break jobs & CIs, we keep uploading
macosbinaries, but from the 2.1.0 release, only
macosones will be kept.
Installation instructions (unchanged):
- From binaries: run
or download manually from the Github “Releases” page to your PATH. In this case, don’t forget to run
sh <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh)
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script.
- From source, using opam:
to enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script)
opam update; opam install opam-devel(then copy the opam binary to your PATH as explained, and don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -ni
- From source, manually: see the instructions in the README.