We are happy to announce the final release of opam 2.0.0.
You are encouraged to update as soon as you see fit, to continue to get package updates: opam 2.0.0 supports the older formats, and 1.2.2 will no longer get regular updates. See the Upgrade Guide for details about the new features and changes.
The website opam.ocaml.org has been updated, with the full 2.0.0 documentation pages. You can still find the documentation for the previous versions in the corresponding menu.
Package maintainers should be aware of the following:
- the master branch of the opam package repository is now in the 2.0.0 format
- package submissions must accordingly be made in the 2.0.0 format, or using the new version of
- anything that was merged into the repository in 1.2 format has been automatically updated to the 2.0.0 format
- the 1.2 format repository has been forked to its own branch, and will only be updated for critical fixes
For custom repositories, the advice remains the same.
Installation instructions (unchanged):
- From binaries: run
sh <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh)
or download manually from the Github “Releases” page to your PATH. In this case, don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed.
- From source, using opam:
opam update; opam install opam-devel
(then copy the opam binary to your PATH as explained, and don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed)
- From source, manually: see the instructions in the README.