We are pleased to announce the release of opam 2.0.4.
This new version contains some backported fixes:
- Sandboxing on macOS: considering the possibility that TMPDIR is unset [#3597 @herbelin – fix #3576]
- display: Fix
opam config vardisplay, aligned on
opam config list[#3723 @rjbou – rel. #3717]
- opam clean: Ignore errors trying to remove directories [#3732 @kit-ty-kate]
- remove wrong “mismatched extra-files” warning [#3744 @rjbou]
- urls: fix hg opam 1.2 url parsing [#3754 @rjbou]
- lint: update message of warning 47, to avoid confusion because of missing
synopsisfield internally inferred from
descr[#3753 @rjbou – fix #3738]
- dirtrack: fix precise tracking mode [#3796 @rjbou]
- fix some mispellings [#3731 @MisterDA]
- CI enhancement & fixes [#3706 @dra27, #3748 @rjbou, #3801 @rjbou]
Note: To homogenise macOS name on system detection, we decided to keep
macos, and convert
macosin opam. For the moment, to not break jobs & CIs, we keep uploading
macosbinaries, but from the 2.1.0 release, only
macosones will be kept.
Installation instructions (unchanged):
- From binaries: run
sh <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh)
or download manually from the Github “Releases” page to your PATH. In this case, don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script.
- From source, using opam:
opam update; opam install opam-devel
(then copy the opam binary to your PATH as explained, and don’t forget to run
opam init --reinit -ni to enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script)
- From source, manually: see the instructions in the README.